Saturday, March 19, 2011

PE4_VoiceThread


Practical Experience with VoiceThread 
In my Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture class, we are going to be creating a “Relevant & Innovative Learning Scenario.”  I’ve decided to let my students use VoiceThread as a presentation and evaluation medium for this scenario.

Here’s the basic plan for the project:
1 – Students are designing and building their own homemade instruments.
2 – Small teams of 4-5 students will participate on a Voicethread to document the learning process.
3 – Each child will post a picture & video demonstration of his/her instrument.
4 – Students will use the “commenting” feature in Voicethread to discuss their projects and evaluate one another’s designs.

Teacher Challenge #1:
It’s important that I get more practice with the Voicethread platform so that I can figure out solutions to the problems that will inevitably arise.  My first fear is that they will have difficulty with the video commenting.  I’m operating on a Mac with built in camera/mic, while my kids are on PC’s with headsets and external webcams.  

It's hard enough to get the equipment to function during our live chats...
So, I did a quick test with the student equipment...and it worked fine!  Hurrah! 

(Note the Thumbs up in the video comment.)


  
My Project Rubric:

No comments:

Post a Comment