Saturday, March 12, 2011

PE1_iMovie


iMovie ’11 Essential Training (1)
Section 4 was all about organizing your footage and projects.  Up until this point, iMovie’s methods of saving and creating “events” were a bit of a mystery to me.  I was muddling through, at best.  Now I feel like I have a better understanding.  The “Event Library” allows you to organize, rate, and store clips.  I really like the ability to mark your footage as good and usable, in their words “favorite”.  It can save time during the editing process if you have a lot of clips to go through.  See the screenshot below to see how I marked a clip.


The “Project Library” is essentially a folder for all of your edited projects.  You never need to click “Save As” in iMovie, because the program has a built in auto-save feature. (This freaked me out at first!)  Within the project library, it’s possible to duplicate a project and re-edit it.  (Say if you want to create a long & short version of the same movie.)

I went ahead and trashed any unimportant projects and renamed some to be more organized.  I’m turning over a new leaf in iMovie! 


*iMovie Fun Fact – this program doesn’t have it’s own trashing system.  It sends discarded files to your hard drive’s trash bucket.

*My Progress  - Completed through Section 4


No comments:

Post a Comment